Things to do in Georgia with Kids
Finding ways to connect with your children throughout the divorce proceedings and after is important for their health and happiness. Here are a few ways to spend quality time with your kids in Georgia.
Divorce can be hard on a family, especially when kids are involved. Between one parent moving out, custody battles and getting used to a new home situation, children can feel lost and confused when it’s all said and done. Finding ways to connect with your children throughout the divorce proceedings and after is important for their health and happiness. Whether you have the kids full time or just on weekends, having quality time together and making fun memories is a great way to make your kids feel more comfortable in spite of familial changes. There are countless things to do in Georgia that are perfect for spending quality time with the kids. Not sure where to start? We’ve done the legwork for you and have found some of the most exciting things to do in the Suwanee area in our list below.
- Suwanee’s Town Center Park – Pack a picnic, a ball, or a bike and enjoy the open green space at Town Center. Check the Suwanee events calendar for upcoming plays, concerts, or local festivals. Suwanee Fest, September 20-21, 2014 is a 30 year tradition specifically focused on family friendly activities including face paintings and a parade.
- Looking for an outdoor activity for the day? Lake Lanier is one of the most popular things to do in Georgia. This lake and surrounding area have numerous attractions both on and off the water. Public beaches, boat rentals and a resort with a water park are suited for all ages.
- For a weekend with nature, there are a number of beautiful hiking and camping opportunities outside of Suwanee. Take your kids to Stone Mountain Park where there are attractions to fill a weekend. Watch a laser show off the mountain side, or pitch a tent in the campground and roast marshmallows!
- Older kids may enjoy visiting a local museum or historical site. Suwanee and the surrounding area host a number of museums and heritage sites that can be both fun and educational. The Gwinnett Environmental & Heritage Center offers interactive historical and scientific exhibitions to make learning fun for everyone. Nearby Treetop Quest offers self-guided ecology lessons as you zip-line through the trees. Or, visit the Southeastern Railway Museum and jump aboard one of the many restored antique diesel locomotives to learn about the history of the railway.
- Don’t forget, spending quality time with your kids doesn’t always have to be an outing to a local attraction. From walks around the neighborhood and park to an afternoon running through a sprinkler in the backyard, any time spent laughing and having fun is one of the best things to do in Georgia with your kids.
At Spooner & Associates, we understand the stress and sadness caused by a divorce can affect the children. Whenever possible, we help our clients bring a peaceful resolution to the marriage and protect parent-child relationships. Through mediation or court trials, we seek to obtain fair child custody arrangements that are in the best interests of the children. As you go through the divorce process, quality time spent with your children is important for maintaining and nurturing a relationship. Is a spouse preventing you from experiencing quality time with your children? We can help with that too. So, what makes your list for things to do in Georgia with your kids? Share your favorite outings below and inspire other parents in the area.
Other Blog That May Interest You
If you are considering a divorce, it is important to understand the consequences.Read More >