Site Navigation

Georgia Divorce Modification

Changing Your Divorce Decree – An Informal Agreement Is Not Enough!

After a divorce, family situations can change: the children get older, jobs change, a former spouse relocates, or you or your ex-spouse remarries. Many of life’s twists and turns can result in the need for a change to your divorce decree.

Often the parties reach a mutual agreement on revising the terms of the divorce. For example, if one parent moves, the parents may agree to change their visitation arrangement. If there is an income change, the parents may agree to modify child support or other monetary obligations. In many situations, the former spouses reach a verbal agreement or even write up an agreement, but many fail to have their divorce decree changed by the Court. Saving a few dollars on an attorney now can result in expensive consequences later.

Continue Reading


Spooner & Associates, P.C. Disclaimer

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. This website is designed for general information only.  You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.